Task 1 for the day:
1. I haven’t had a vacation _________ two years. Hopefully, I will be able to take one ________ next summer at the latest.
2. We were on the boat_________ three days in very rough seas. I think everybody was seasick_________the time the cruise was over.
3. A lot of people say you shouldn’t eat ___________ swimming, but I don’t know if that is true.
4. Nobody made a sound _________ the speech. It was so good that there was total silence _____________ the moment he started speaking ____________ the last word came out of his mouth.
5. I ordered a new smart phone online. The site said my phone would arrive __________ 3 to 5 days, but I had to wait _______ almost a month.
6. I have class _________ 9 AM _____ 1:30 PM on Wednesdays. I always eat breakfast ______class and lunch ________ class, but my lunches are a bit late because I can’t eat ___________ I get home around 2 PM.
7. Just wait a second, I’ll be there _________ a minute.
8. Somebody’s phone started ringing _______ the movie. It kept ringing _________ two or three minutes, and all the people in the theater were looking around trying to figure out whose phone it was. I was furious________I realized it was my phone.
9. I’ve been sitting here__________more than an hour. If they don’t arrive _________the next ten minutes, I’m going to leave.
10. Every Friday, I meet up with friends________work for drinks and dinner. We usually hang out together _______ 6 PM ________ midnight. I’m usually back home _____1 AM.
Find the meaning, make a sentence and comment in the group from the words given below. Also, find out meanings and frame sentences at once and post altogether at once.
NOTE : Use google to find the meaning but do not copy/paste the sentence from google.
Task – 3 Listening Activity
1. Where did Randall grow up?
a. in Utah
b. in Indiana
c. in Venezuela
2. What was his undergraduate major?
3. How many children does he have?
4. Randall ______ when he goes on hikes with his children.
a. points out the wildlife
b. teaches them survival skills
c. tells them stories
5. Randall suggests that parents _____.
a. help children solve problems
b. be consistent in their discipline
c. enroll their children early into schools
Task – 4 Conversation Activity
I am sharing a script and as per assigned partners, students need to practice the script and have a conversation with their partner over call and record the
conversation and share it in the group.
Conversation Script as below:
A: I’m hungry.
B: So am I.
A: Where should we go eat today?
B: How about we go eat in the cafeteria?
A: I never bought food from the cafeteria.
B: You haven’t? They have a lot of good stuff.
A: What do they have?
B: They sell everything.
A: I want Chinese food.
B: I’ve gotten chow mein from there before.
A: I guess we can eat there then.
B: Trust me, the food isn’t half bad.
Task 5 Extempore:
Topic: If I had a Super Power