Task 1 for the day:
1. We have high-speed Internet access______ work, but I have a bad connection_____home.
2. The kids are learning about the Civil War_______their history class_________school.
3. Toby was_________the hospital for two weeks after his motorcycle accident________the freeway.
4. Jane and Debbie saw dolphins_________the ocean while they were having a picnic_______the beach.
5. Fred loves to go camping ______the desert, but Kyle prefers to camp________the mountains.
6. The conference was held_____a ski resort____Telluride, a small town _________southwest Colorado.
7. You can buy stamps________the post office_______Delancey Street.
8. The old man who was standing_______the corner yelled at the kids who were playing______the street.
9. While they were hiking_______Ridgeback Mountain, Laurelle and Frank saw a bear________the woods.
10. They have a small house________a beautiful lake______California. When I visit them, I always love to sit_______the shore and watch the kids swimming____the lake.
Find the meaning, make a sentence and comment in the group from the words given below. Also, find out meanings and frame sentences at once and post altogether at once.
NOTE : Use google to find the meaning but do not copy/paste the sentence from google.
Task – 3 Listening Activity
1. What is the man’s main problem with his computer?
a. It has a lot of junk software.
b. His computer has a virus.
c. It crashes a lot.
2.The computer warranty _____.
a. isn’t valid because the man didn’t register the computer
b. doesn’t cover software issues and problems
c. has expired
3. The conversation suggests that _______.
a. they are understaffed to handle customer complaints
b. it doesn’t provide long warranties
c. they sent the man the wrong computer
4. The main selling point of the second company is that _______.
a. the computers are cheaper than their competitors
b. the company manufactures secure and trustworthy machines
c. their products are the newest on the market
5. What is the name of the second company?
a. Turner Computers
b. Turban Camando
c. Turbo Command
Task – 4 Conversation Activity
I am sharing a script and as per assigned partners, students need to practice the script and have a conversation with their partner over call and record the
conversation and share it in the group.
Conversation Script as below:
A: I’m glad these batteries are on sale.
B: I’m sorry. These batteries are not on sale.
A: But that’s what the ad says.
B: I’m sorry. If you look at the ad again, you’ll see that the other brand is on sale.
A: You’re right. I misread the ad.
B: Yes, many people make that mistake.
A: You can’t blame them. It’s a confusing ad.
B: You’re right. Many ads are like that.
A: As long as I’m here.
B: Just one second, and I’ll get you the batteries that are on sale.
Task 5 Extempore:
Topic: The ttastiest fruit