Task 1 for the day:
1. Donna went______the store, but I don’t think she found what she was looking for because she came back_______ almost immediately.
2. As Samantha was climbing______the swimming pool, she slipped and fell back_________.
3. We could see a restaurant at the bottom of the hill, so we walked________to see if it was open.
4. Lily had problems climbing back_______the tree house to the ground because she had injured her ankle as she was climbing______.
5. She didn’t have any difficulty pulling______the parking space, but as she was backing_________, she scratched the car parked next to her.
6. Although you can take an elevator_____the top of the Eiffel Tower, we decided to walk__________. I was exhausted by the time we got to the top.
7. When Mrs. Sims saw the kids playing on the roof she screamed, “You kids had better come_________there, right now!”
8. You can go________now; Dr. Wilson is ready to see you.
9. We skied_________the bottom of the mountain, and then we took the lift back__________for a second run.
10. Just as Debbie was stepping___________the elevator, she realized she was on the wrong floor, so she quickly jumped back_________before the doors closed.
Find the meaning, make a sentence and comment in the group from the words given below. Also, find out meanings and frame sentences at once and post altogether at once.
NOTE : Use google to find the meaning but do not copy/paste the sentence from google.
Task – 3 Listening Activity
1. Why did the man buy dog food at the supermarket?
a. The product was on sale at the supermarket.
b. The man adopts a dog from a stranger.
c. Their dog was hit by a truck and needed food.
2. Why does he buy tomato juice?
a. He plans on making a unique spaghetti sauce.
b. He wants to make a vegetable drink.
c. He’s trying to modify the way he eats.
3. How much was the milk?
4. Which item did the man NOT buy?
a. a package of cookies
b. a carton of orange juice
c. some cans of tuna
5. The woman is angry at the end of the conversation because ____.
a. the man is preparing stakes for the dog
b. the dog starts eating her chocolate cake
c. there isn’t any good food for dinner
Task – 4 Conversation Activity
I am sharing a script and as per assigned partners, students need to practice the script and have a conversation with their partner over call and record the
conversation and share it in the group.
Conversation Script as below:
A: Did you enjoy your meal?
B: Yes, we really enjoyed it.
A: May I interest you in some dessert?
B: Yes, that sounds great.
A: We have chocolate mousse cake, and a spicy rum apple crisp for our specials.
B: The apple crisp sounds great.
A: Since there are four of you, would you like to split a second dessert?
B: Good suggestion. Could you please bring us a chocolate mousse cake and four dessert forks, please?
A: Would you like coffee or tea with your dessert?
B: Let’s have four coffees, please.
A: OK. I will be right back with your desserts and drinks.
B: Thank you! We have really enjoyed our meal here.
Task 5 Extempore:
Topic: My Best Friend